MIL-DTL-28804 (M28804) Rectangular High-Density Connectors
The MIL-DTL-28804 specification covers the general requirements for rectangular, miniature, and high-density
electrical connectors intended for use in electronic circuits. These connectors are commonly used in military and
commercial airborne systems, ground support and automated equipment, guidance control systems, and cable-
to-chassis or cable-to- cable applications.
MIL-DTL-28804 connectors are available in environmental and non-environmental versions with nonremovable,
solder-type contacts or rear removable crimp-type contacts. There are five different classes of M28804
- G – General purpose, nonmagnetic, high density, size 22, rear release, crimp removable contacts.
- P – Environmental resisting, potting type, nonmagnetic, high density, size 22, rear release, crimp
- E – Environmental resisting, nonmagnetic, high density, size 22, rear release, crimp removable contacts.
- S – Solder termination, general purpose, high density, nonremovable, size 22 contacts.
- SE – Solder termination, interfacial seal, high density, nonremovable, size 22 contacts.
MIL-DTL-28804 connectors are well-suited for military applications where low residual magnetism could cause
interference with nearby sensitive equipment. Commercial connectors and contacts are not designed to withstand
such extreme exposure to altitude, salt spray, temperature, and shock.
For more information on which M28804 connector is appropriate for your application, call A.E. Petsche at 844-
237-7600 to speak with one of our qualified experts.
Note: MIL-C-28804 has been replaced by MIL-DTL-28804.
MIL-DTL-28804 Product Specifications
These connectors are in full compliance with the MIL-DTL-28804 specification provided by the Defense Logistics
Agency (DLA). For more details, please consult the full MIL-DTL-28804 specification located here.
|Slant||Contact Type||# of Contacts||Termination|
|M28804/7||Socket||38, 88, 132||Solder tail|
|M28804/11||Pin||38, 88, 132||Solder tail|