MIL-DTL-83733 (M83733) Rectangular Miniature Connectors
Operating Temperature: -65°C (-85°F) to 200°C (392°F)
Corrosion Resistance: 48-hour salt spray
Durability: 500 cycles
Shell: Die-cast aluminum alloy with electroless nickel finish
Contacts: Gold plated copper alloy – pin (receptacles) or socket (plugs)
Contact Sizes: 12, 16, 20 & 22D
Coupling: Friction, spring mount or jackscrew-coupling nut
The MIL-DTL-83733 (M83733) designation covers environmentally resistant, rectangular, and miniature electrical
connectors for rack and panel connections. The connectors are capable of operating in hostile conditions where
thermal protection may be required, making them suitable for use in a broad range of military and commercial
M83733 connectors feature high-grade, glass-reinforced resin for insulators; silicone rubber for wire sealing
grommets; and interfacial seals and peripheral seals. They can be manufactured in a variety of mounting styles,
including standard and staggered versions of hole mounts, bushing mounts, clinch mounts, and spring mounts.
The connectors are also available with captive springs, guide pins and/or guide sockets as well. The contacts are
available as crimped pin for receptacles, or socket for plugs, with four sizes in 13 arrangements.
M83733 connector mounting styles:
- A – Two mounting holes (for nuts or jackscrews) and two polarizing posts
- C – Four bushings (for receptacle)
- F – Four clinch nuts
- G – Four holes (for bushings or spring mounts)
- H – Two mounting hole flange, two spring mounts (plug) and two bushing mounts (receptacle)
- K – Four spring mounts (plug)
- M – Two mounting hole flange, two mounting holes (for bushings or spring mounts)
- X – Two guide pins with two spring mounts (plug) and two guide sockets with two holes (receptacle)
- Y – Two guide sockets with two spring mounts (plug) and two guide pins with holes (receptacle)
- Z – Two staggered clinch nuts (receptacle)
For more information on which M83733 connector is appropriate for your application, call A.E. Petsche at 844-
237-7600 to speak with one of our qualified experts.
Note: MIL-C-83733 has been replaced by MIL-DTL-83733.
MIL-DTL-83733 Product Specifications
These connectors are in full compliance with the MIL-DTL-83733 specification provided by the Defense Logistics
Agency (DLA). For more details, please consult the full MIL-DTL-83733 specification located here.
|M83733||/1||R||A or B||101|
R = environment resisting
S = space environment
|Shell size||Insert arrangement
(MIL-STD- 1531 for shell size A;
MIL-STD- 1532 for shell size B)