MIL-DTL-39030 (M39030) Dummy Loads
The MIL-DTL-39030 (M39030) specification covers the design and testing criteria for coaxial (RF) and stripline
electrical dummy loads. The coaxial type is commonly used to temporarily terminate a transmitter’s output during
maintenance and testing.
MIL-DTL-39030 type coaxial dummy loads are available in several frequency ranges, impedance ratings, and
various coupling methods to suit a number of applications:
- M39030/3 – SMA connector interface, operating in the frequency range of DC to 19 GHz with a nominal impedance of up to 95 Ohms. These connectors are used in telecom, test and instrumentation, and military systems.
- M39030/5 – TNC connector interface, operating in the frequency range of 03 to 12.4 GHz with a nominal impedance of 50 to 75 Ohms. Used with antennas, radar, and base stations.
- M39030/6 – N type connector interface, operating in the frequency range of DC to 19 GHz with a nominal impedance of 50 Ohms. Used in communication radios radar systems.
- M39030/7 – BNC connector interface, operating in the frequency range of DC to 25 GHz with a nominal impedance of 50-600 Ohms. Used in medical equipment, communications, and military systems.
- M39030/20 – Stripline terminations (low power)
- M39030/21- Stripline terminations (medium power)
- M39030/23 – SMK terminations
MIL-DTL-39030 components are made from corrosion-resistant steel in finishes applicable to their in-use
environment, and all are provided with a bead chain and lug to secure the dummy load when disconnected from
the transmission line.
For more information on which M39030 RF connector is appropriate for your application, call A.E. Petsche at 844-
237-7600 to speak with one of our qualified experts.
Note: MIL-PRF-39030 and MIL-C-39030 have been replaced by MIL-DTL-39030.
MIL-DTL-39030 Product Specifications
These connectors are in full compliance with the MIL-DTL-39030 specification provided by the Defense Logistics
Agency (DLA). For more details, please consult the full MIL-DTL-39030 specification located here.
|M39030/1-||01||N or S|
|Military designator &
|N = non-screened
S = screened
|M39030/20||Stripline terminations (low power)|
|M39030/21||Stripline terminations (medium power)|