M17/161 (MIL-DTL-17/161, MIL-C-17/161)
MIL-DTL-17/161 is a flexible coaxial cable (50 ohms) designed for radio frequency data transmission in aerospace, military, or commercial communication systems. Construction details include a bare copper conductor, PTFE dielectric, bare copper shielding, and FG Braid-V jacket. The M17/161-00002 variation includes aluminum braid armor for increased durability.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/161 specification has been cancelled. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/72.
- Conductor: Solid bare copper
- Dielectric Core: Solid, extruded polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Shield: AWG 32 bare copper
- Jacket: Fiberglass braid (Type V)
- Armor: Aluminum braid (M17/161-00002 only)
- Voltage Rating: 7,000V
- Temperature Rating: -55°C to 250°C
- Operating Frequency: 400 MHz, unswept
- Attenuation Constants: .07200 (k1) & .00120 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/161 Part Numbers