M17/164 (MIL-DTL-17/164, MIL-C-17/164)
Designed for high frequency transmission, MIL-DTL-17/164 50-ohm coaxial cable consists of a silver-coated copper conductor (stranded), polyethylene dielectric, double layer silver-coated copper shielding, and two types of jacketing. M17/164-00001 features a PVC-IIA jacket, whereas M17/164-00002 has a thermoplastic elastomer jacket. This cable can be used in aerospace, military, and commercial applications.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/164 specification has been cancelled. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/75.
- Conductor: Silver-coated copper 7/.0296"
- Dielectric Core: Solid polyethylene
- Shield: AWG 34 silver-coated copper & AWG 34 silver-coated copper
- Jacket :
- M17/164-00001 – Polyvinylchloride (PVC) Type IIA
- M17/164-00002 – Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE)
- Voltage Rating: 5,000V
- Temperature Rating:
- M17/164-00001: -40°C to 85°C
- M17/164-00002: -55°C to 85°C
- Operating Frequency: 400 MHz, unswept
- Attenuation Constants: .19000 (k1) & .00126 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/164 Part Numbers