M17/172 (MIL-DTL-17/172, MIL-C-17/172)
Constructed from a silver-coated, copper-clad steel conductor, PTFE dielectric core, silver-coated copper shield, and an FEP Type IX jacket, MIL-DTL-17/172 is an ultra-high frequency coaxial cable. M17/172 is used in military, aerospace, and industrial applications and rated for 1,200V and 50 ohms.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/172 specification has been cancelled. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/113.
- Conductor: Silver-coated, copper-covered steel 7/.0067"
- Dielectric Core: Solid, extruded polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Shield: AWG 38 silver-coated copper
- Jacket: Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) Type IX
- Voltage Rating: 1,200V
- Temperature Rating: -55°C to 200°C
- Operating Frequency: 400 MHz, unswept
- Attenuation Constants: .78700 (k1) & .00120 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/172 Part Numbers