M17/2 – RG6 (MIL-DTL-17/2, MIL-C-17/2)
MIL-DTL-17/2 is a flexible coaxial cable (75 ohms) designed for radio frequency data transmission in aerospace or commercial communication systems. Construction details include a copper-clad steel conductor, solid PE dielectric, silver-coated copper and bare copper shielding, and PVC jacketing. RG6 cable also meets MIL-DTL-17/2 specifications.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/2 specification is inactive for new design. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/180.
- Conductor: Solid copper-covered steel
- Dielectric Core: Solid polyethylene
- Shield: AWG 34 silver-coated copper & AWG 34 bare copper
- Jacket: Polyvinylchloride (PVC) Type IIA
- Voltage Rating: 3,000V
- Temperature Rating: -40°C to 85°C
- Operating Frequency: 3 GHz, unswept
- Attenuation Constants: .25600 (k1) & .00126 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/2 Part Numbers