M17/74 – RG213, RG215 (MIL-DTL-17/74, MIL-C-17/74)
With a stranded copper conductor, PE dielectric, bare copper shielding, and PVC jacketing, MIL-DTL-17/74 is a flexible, 50-ohm coaxial cable for high frequency data transmission. RG213 cable is the unarmored version, and RG215 cable is constructed with an additional layer of aluminum braid armor. Both RG213 and RG215 fully comply with MIL-DTL-17/74 requirements.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/74 specification is inactive for new design. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/189.
- Conductor: Bare copper 7/.0296”
- Dielectric Core: Solid polyethylene
- Shield: AWG 33 bare copper
- Jacket: Polyvinylchloride (PVC) Type IIA
- Armor: Aluminum braid (RG215 only)
- Voltage Rating: 5,000V
- Temperature Rating: -40°C to 85°C
- Operating Frequency:
- .05 – 1 GHz, swept (RG213)
- .05 – 11GHz, swept (RG215)
- Attenuation Constants: .19100 (k1) & .00126 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/74 Part Numbers