M17/78 – RG217 (MIL-DTL-17/78, MIL-C-17/78)
MIL-DTL-17/78 flexible coaxial cable (50 ohms) is meant for high-voltage (7,000V) and high frequency data transmission equipment in the aerospace, defense, commercial, and medical industries. It contains a solid bare copper conductor, PE dielectric, bare copper shielding, and PVC jacketing. RG217 is the corresponding commercial cable, which also complies with MIL-DTL-17/78 requirements.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/78 specification is inactive for new design. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/192.
- Conductor: Solid bare copper
- Dielectric Core: Solid polyethylene
- Shield: AWG 33 bare copper & AWG 33 bare copper
- Jacket: Polyvinylchloride (PVC) Type IIA
- Voltage Rating: 7,000V
- Temperature Rating:
- -40°C to 85°C (RG217)
- -40°C to 80°C (M17/78-00001)
- Operating Frequency: .05 – 3 GHz, swept
- Attenuation Constants: .12700 (k1) & .00126 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/78 Part Numbers