M17/79 – RG218, RG219 (MIL-DTL-17/79, MIL-C-17/79)
Featuring a solid bare copper conductor, PE dielectric, bare copper shielding, and PVC jacketing, MIL-DTL-17/79 is a high-voltage (11,000V), flexible coaxial cable rated for 50 ohms. RG218 cable is the unarmored version, and RG219 cable is constructed with an additional layer of aluminum braid armor. Both RG218 and RG219 fully comply with MIL-DTL-17/79 requirements.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/79 specification is inactive for new design. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/193.
- Conductor: Solid bare copper
- Dielectric Core: Solid polyethylene
- Shield: AWG 30 bare copper
- Jacket: Polyvinylchloride (PVC) Type IIA
- Armor: Aluminum braid (RG219 only)
- Voltage Rating: 11,000V
- Temperature Rating: -40°C to 85°C
- Operating Frequency: .05 – 1 GHz, swept
- Attenuation Constants: .06900 (k1) & .00126 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/79 Part Numbers