M17/84 – RG223 (MIL-DTL-17/84, MIL-C-17/84)
MIL-DTL-17/84 is a flexible, 50-ohm coaxial cable designed for radio frequency signal transmission in aerospace, defense, commercial, or industrial equipment. It is built with a solid silver-coated copper conductor, PE dielectric, and silver-coated copper shielding, and PVC jacketing. The commercial equivalent is RG223 cable.
Note: The MIL-DTL-17/84 specification is inactive for new design. Please refer to MIL-DTL-17/194.
- Conductor: Solid silver-coated copper
- Dielectric Core: Solid polyethylene
- Shield: AWG 36 silver-coated copper & AWG 36 silver-coated copper
- Jacket: Polyvinylchloride (PVC) Type IIA
- Voltage Rating: 1,900V
- Temperature Rating: -40°C to 85°C
- Operating Frequency: .04 – 12.4 GHz, swept
- Attenuation Constants: .38400 (k1) & .00126 (k2)
MIL-DTL-17/84 Part Numbers